Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Time

Fresh Zuchini

Night View

Self Portrait(typical OK storm cellar)

Another self portrait

Twilight(I wish Edward & Jacob had been there!;))

Cool Pic

Big Dipper

dad

Choctaw Casino

Soccer Monster! :)

It's been a busy summer so far and we haven't even been out of school quite 2 weeks! I' and M went to CR for a couple of weeks. My dad was gravely ill, septic with Ecoli, and in the hospital for a week, then I found out my summer job was still open so I rushed back home to start summer school. Soon my m-in-law will be coming along with her mother! Time flies.
It has been an interesting past couple of weeks. Not ones that I would actually want to go through again,except for a few parts. I have been under intense spiritual warfare, and it has not been pleasant, AND, I almost lost my dad. The sunny side though is, I'm learning and I got to spend some time in my home town with the 'rents! Once out of the hospital, I enjoyed some nights of star gazing, picking veggies in the garden, going to the pond, and just messing around outside playing with the cats, dogs, and nature. I also enjoyed some of my favorite food: Romas, Taco Mayo, Salita's queso, and fried catfish at the casino. All in all, I had a great time, and was renewed and refreshed to come back and teach, and be excited about it!
I am also so thankful that God put the right people in the right places at the right time, and gave the ER doctor wisdom to treat my dad the right way or he wouldn't be here. I hope to not see my dad sick again for many, many, years, if ever. It was a terrible thing to watch him suffer.
I am also thankful for friends at the DPD for getting me to Durant from the airport to see my dad, when I wasn't able to find a ride with anyone else, and I didn't know who else to call. God put them in my head, plus I knew someone would be awake at 3:30am ;), and I knew I could count on them. Thanks again to everyone who helped us through this difficult time. Thank You Father for your mercy and grace and unending love that I cannot even fathom. Now, if only I could sleep................

No comments: