Well, so much has been happening with Maddie and us that I'm trying to do this blog thing so everyone can keep up.
We have now been in our new house for two weeks!!! I'll have to post some pictures. We still have not gotten everything put away yet, but we are getting more done everyday. Of course ever since we got satellite hooked up it's even harder!!
This past week we weathered our first hurricane down here. It wasn't too bad. A lot of rain and wind. Sonny (my uncle) and Jason (my brother) came over and helped Ivan board up the windows.
Our house is made of concrete, so we could hardly even hear the rain!! However there is and addition on the back of our house. That is where the kitchen is and it did not stand up so well. Disapointingly we had a few surprise leaks in the roof and down one of the walls. It's pretty much dried up by now, but definitly something we'll have to get fixed before the next time.
We are also having a few pests, ants, sm. spiders and a few other things. Jade (our cat) just caught a small snake in the living room! Ugh! Thank goodness the pest control people are coming tomorrow. The joys of home ownership!;)
Pretty much everything else is great! We are enjoying the extra space and having some family near by.
Ivan is excited about his upcoming classes. He will be taking 14 hours and I will be teaching kinder. Hopefully I'll get to set up my classroom sometime next week.
We are also having trouble finding a daycare for Maddie. She is on a waiting list at 3 places, but who knows. There are not many options here.
We have yet to find a church yet. We were going to go to one today that looks similar to Lake Pointe, but we didn't. Next week though.
Our little sweetheart is almost 1! We can hardly believe it. Soon we will be phasing out the bottle and using only a sippy cup. That will be interesting! We will also be switching from formula to milk!! Can't wait for that!!! It will be a lot cheaper! She has six teeth now and who knows how many more coming in! I'm not going to stick my finger in her mouth! She does a lot of talking(in her own language) and playing everyday and really enjoys being able to go all over our living room. She is still crawling, but standing up on her own. Not walking yet though.
She is such a blessing. We love her so much and everyday I wonder if I've held her enough because she is growing up so fast.
Well, this is it for now. I'm going to try and figure out how to post pics and send this to people.
No comments:
Post a Comment